Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains Introduces Family Golf Month
Parents who wish to get their kids out of video-game mode and into outdoor activities can take advantage of area-wide freebies and golf specials through Pocono Mountains' Family Golf Month in July.
Free golf clinics, family-friendly scrambles and golf round discounts are available at many of 30+ golf courses in the four-county region of eastern Pennsylvania throughout the month, giving adult golfers an incentive to bring their children on the course.
"The Pocono Mountains are known for summer family fun, and we wanted to dedicate time to encourage our next generation of golfers to get in the game," said Carl Wilgus, President of the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau. "By encouraging kids to enjoy an outdoor sport, we help parents and families stay active and enjoy our natural beauty."
Golf specials offered to the public during July include the following:
* In celebration of Take Your Daughter to the Course week, both Buck Hill and Skytop Lodge will offer free golf to daughters when mom or dad pays regular rates, July 8-15.
* Buck Hill has a series of Family Golf Activities in July, including a free Family-Friendly Golf Clinic at 11 am on July 5th, and free Family Golf Scramble Events on July 8 and 27.
* At Pocono Manor, Kids 10 and under play free with a paying adult through July; kids 11-18 pay only a $20 cart fee with a paying parent.
* Kids playing at Woodloch with a paying parent play free after 3 pm every day in July, based on availability. Resort guests can enjoy a $199 per-person, per-night rate through July, including accommodations and three meals daily.
* Mount Airy welcomes kids with a family-friendly rate of $15 for nine holes and $20 for 18 holes after 3 pm daily through July.
* Fernwood Resort welcomes young golfers aged 10 or under to play for free during July when with a paying adult; kids 11-17 pay cart fee only.
* Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort allows kids to play for free after 3 pm when adults pay at twilight rates - $19 weekdays and $29 on the weekend.
* Split Rock Golf Club offers $35 junior rates midweek ($50 Saturday/Sunday) throughout the summer.
Along with the golf specials at individual courses, the Pocono Golf-A-Round card is still available which offers two $25 rounds at eight of the area courses. Families can also enjoy the many Fourth of July activities in the Pocono Mountains with fireworks at Woodloch Resort and golf specials throughout the region.
See http://www.poconosgolf.com for more specials and information.
News Source: Buffalo Communications
Posted June 28, 2012 || Viewed 1,052 times