Golf Course Information
Golf came to Butler in 1904 when the Butler Golf Club, a predecessor of the Butler Country Club, was organized. A portion of the Frank X. Kohler farm along Lewis Avenue in Lyndora was leased as a temporary location. Work was started on the greens and tees early in 1905 and six holes were laid out. The greens were sand, an arrangement that proved to be less than satisfactory since it was a simple matter to ensure a putt by making a neat track from ball to cup. This pioneer organization created so much interest in golf that it was soon apparent that larger accommodations were necessary.
On September 27, 1905, a group of interested and far-sighted men made a trip in a spring wagon to Penn Township and purchased the George Huselton farm of seventy acres for $4,500.00. In 1906 work was started on greens and fairways. Even before the Clubhouse was built, lack of shelter did not deter the members who held family picnics in the grove between the twelfth and thirteenth (then the fourth and fifth) fairways, where there was a spring of pure water. The course location was strategically placed along the Three Degree Road on the projected inter-urban electric line of the Pittsburgh and Butler Railway Company.
Green Fees and Rates
Please call 724-586-6030 for current rates.
Green Fees and RatesCall 724-586-6030 for rates and tee times.
Tee Times & Reservations
ReservationsCall 724-586-6030 For Reservation Policy
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
150 Yard Markers Only
Contact Butler Country Club at 724-586-6030 for more information and details on holding a golf outing at the course.
Contact Butler Country Club at 724-586-6030.
Restaurant and Dining Options:Contact Butler Country Club at 724-586-6030 for onsite or nearby dining options.
Mobile Apps - Yardage, GPS, Scorecard
This profile was last updated on 06/03/2013 and has been viewed 1,819 times.